Celticia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gigs and Girls...

2 posters

Go down

Gigs and Girls... Empty Gigs and Girls...

Post  Lexi.D Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:06 am

here is a topic i found whilst browsing the internet...

the link is here, but i shall post the main entry too! Very Happy

so have a read and tell me your opinions to what the article says ! Very Happy

http://richarddarch.blogspot.com/

Saturday, October 21, 2006
Gigs and Girls
Last night a friend dragged me to a Seasons End gig in the sure knowledge I would become a fan. He was right, they are one of the best bands i've have the privilage of seeing live. One of their support bands was a band called Celticia, who were also very good. I would recommend to all that you at least try and see them live if they come to your area. But i'm not writing to plug these bands.

Both bands had very attractive female vocalists, both very tallented. This caused me to realise how true the statement "sex sells" is, most of the people at the venue werent paying attention to the male band members who were also very tallented. Unfortunately I am also at blame here, I only noticed the audiance were focused almost hypnotically on the vocalists in the brief moments I could tear my eyes away from them.

The Question arises, despite the vocalists extreme tallent, would their fanbase be as large were it not for the genetic gift of beauty? This is a question i'll throw to the masses and probably be called a sexist or masogonist for(by those who misunderstand the question or the above statements). I Await comments.
Lexi.D
Lexi.D
Admin

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Back to top Go down

Gigs and Girls... Empty Re: Gigs and Girls...

Post  Ktsunami Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:36 am

Meh. The guys sound kinda like a prick. It's great that vocalists are attractive... but it's really got nothing to do with the music. And quite honestly if you're not a fan for the music, why even bother. Rolling Eyes
Ktsunami
Ktsunami

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi.D Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:35 pm

Lexi.D wrote:

most of the people at the venue werent paying attention to the male band members who were also very tallented. Unfortunately I am also at blame here, I only noticed the audiance were focused almost hypnotically on the vocalists in the brief moments I could tear my eyes away from them.

The Question arises, despite the vocalists extreme tallent, would their fanbase be as large were it not for the genetic gift of beauty? This is a question i'll throw to the masses and probably be called a sexist or masogonist for(by those who misunderstand the question or the above statements).

I can see where you come from Ktsunami... but the thing is, what made up the percentage of the crowd? was it male or female? you can kinda understand why men would be staring at a woman, but what the females in the crowd be doing???!!!
and a fanbase for the band due to 'sex sell' wholly? i think not!

its true, if people dont like the music, they wouldnt be there to witness and see the people in question in real life to make those comments.
if you think about it, the person who wrote this, he wasnt there because sex sells, he was there because he likes the music, and he likes female fronted metal (even tho his friend recommended it)... so envitably that also proves that a fanbase can become larger if people recommend and bring friends along to the gigs!!
Lexi.D
Lexi.D
Admin

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum